Beatnik Radio, during the month of January 2012 is brought to you by CommUniversity at UMKC.
Take a class, teach a class…CommUniversity.
Mr. Rick Mareske is the loosely titled CEO of the UMKC CommUniversity program. Rick has been running the show for 32 years and knows a thing or two about how CommUniversity works. Last Friday morning, before heading out for another round of catalog deliveries Rick and I had an amazing chat over coffee at Oddly Correct.
What you might hear:
- The history of the Free University concept. Starting with the early roots on the Berkeley College campus.
- What kinds of classes are offered and how to sign up.
- How to sign up to teaching a class.
- CONTEST TIME! Leave a comment on this blog post. You will be entered to win a $20 gift certificate good towards any CommUniversity class.
- Rick and I get way off topic discussing the local music scene.
Listen to this episode of Beatnik Radio here. (release date Monday, Jan 9th)